Were you at the WeBA 35th Anniversary Gala- November 26, 2017?
If you were you would have been introduced to our Diamond Sponsor Airworks Compressors Corp., its owners Darryl Weflen & Sheila Stang, and their adventurous project X90X.
Xpedition 90X will be making history this November 2018 with the first single vehicle expedition, first hybrid vehicle expedition and first Canadian-led driving expedition to the South Pole.
Darryl and three other adventurers will be making this incredible trip driving the Rockhopper, a converted International MXT that the crew will call home for 20 to 30 days in the harshest of conditions.
Learn more about Xpedition 90X at Edmonton Heritage Days Festival at the Antarctica Pavilion (new for 2018). Aug 4th to 6th
Have your photo taken with the Rockhopper, see the gear needed to make this trip and learn more about what it takes to make this incredible journey.
X90X is also running a couple of awesome contests, that you can participate in;
1) A playlist contest where people submit the song or movie that they think the X90X crew should watch while traversing to the South Pole.
– the public votes and then the crew has to watch and/or listen to the winners.
Playlist contest info —> http://x90xplaylist.x90x.com/
2) Strickly for Scouts Canada troops, submit a video clip of an experiment that you would like done at the South Pole.
– again the public votes and the crew will do the winning experiment at the Pole.
The winning troop will also receive a prize pack and have receive and endorsement from the crew.
Scouts Canada contest —> http://x90xscoutscontest.x90x.com/
For more on;
- X90X please visit: https://www.x90x.com/
- Airworks Compressor Corp. https://www.airworkscompressors.com/
- Edmonton Heritage Days https://www.heritagefest.ca/
If you are a WeBA Member member and have some news to share, please send it to info@WeBA.org for consideration.